Monday, February 8, 2010

Family Drug Court-A good idea~!


Getting families involved in their kid's drug court situations is a top notch idea in my book. For one thing, the better informed parents are about drug use, and how to cope with their child's problems, they more able they'll be to assist in their recovery. Going through drug court successfully takes determination and stick-to-it-ive-ness. Parents can help bolster a child's ability to cope with the process, by their presence and encouragement.


Council to discuss family drug court

Published:
Monday, February 8, 2010 10:06 AM CST

"Alan D. Allbee, associate juvenile judge for the First Judicial District of Iowa, would like to start a family treatment drug court and is requesting the city’s permission to use council chambers at city hall for drug court hearings on Tuesday afternoons after magistrate court concludes. The mayor’s office would be utilized for staffing of professionals.

In a letter to the city Allbee said the drug court clients would be parents involved in child in need of assistance cases in Fayette County who live in Oelwein and have substance abuse as a major problem.

He said the Oelwein satellite court would be easier for local clients to access since weekly court attendance is required and many do not have valid driver’s licenses. It would also be beneficial since the attorneys who practice in both magistrate and juvenile courts would be in the vicinity. Allbee said there is no cost to the city associated with his request and he hopes to start the treatment court this summer. The council will have a discussion on this request."

10 comments:

  1. Urine drug test cups Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks. Buy San Pedro Cactus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also Saliva drug testing kits

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Drug treatment Corona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also 12 panel saliva drug test

    ReplyDelete
  6. The writer is enthusiastic about purchasing wooden furniture on the web and his exploration about best wooden furniture has brought about the arrangement of this article. محامي في الرياض

    ReplyDelete
  7. rehabilitation centre Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… colored contact lenses

    ReplyDelete